You have the ability to send appointment reminders to your patients in Spanish using the English Spanish mapping table. With our program we want to make this as easy as possible. Here is a short guide on how to use it.
This tutorial will detail how to set up a call reminder. Text message and email reminders can be created using the same method, but please note that you will need to create the Spanish wp-content yourself for the text message and email reminders. However, if you do need help, please give us a call!
For call reminders, we provide Spanish versions of all the stock voice files as well as read the dates and times in Spanish. We want to make this process as easy and simple as we can for you.
The first step you need to take is to set up the English version of the call reminder. If you need more information on how to set up this reminder, click here for the full tutorial. Once you have your “English Reminder Type” set up you will need to click on the “Reminder Types” link to go to the main Reminder Types page.
Now you will need to click on the button to clone the reminder type. This will create a duplicate of the reminder you have just created. So essentially you will have two reminders, the original and the clone. You will be tailoring the clone to change the reminder to Spanish.
Using the pencil icon, click on the pencil icon to edit the Reminder Type. Follow these steps:
- Change the name to include the word Spanish (i.e. AppointmentReminders Demo Reminder Call Spanish) so you can identify your Spanish version
- Change the language to Spanish by selecting the appropriate radio button
- Press “Save Changes”
Now you will see that all the Stock Voice Files show the Spanish version.
Important! If you are using any Custom Voice Files you will need to add/change them manually.
Now click on “Reminder Types” to go to the main Reminder Types screen. You should now see both the English and Spanish version there. Good job, you’ve done it! Let’s move on to the last step, which is to incorporate the Mapping.
Start by clicking on the “Spanish Mapping” button. Click “create new mapping”. Select both the English Reminder Type and the Spanish Reminder Type and press “Save”. That’s it!
Here are some additional details about Spanish Reminders:
- You do not have to specifically schedule Spanish reminders to your customers whose preferred language is Spanish. You only need to schedule the English version of the reminder as long as you have it set up in the mapping table.
- With call type reminders only, once you have the mapping set up, if you send the English version of the call, it will add the following message…
Press4ForOtherLanguage.wav : por favor, presione quatro para escuchar este llamado en español.. You do not need to add this voice file, it will do it automatically. Then if the caller presses 4, they will hear the Spanish version of the call. This will also set the person’s preferred language to Spanish for future calls.
- With call type reminders only, once you have the mapping set up, if you send the Spanish version of the call (or person’s preferred language is Spanish), it will add the following message…
Press4ForOtherLanguage.wav : Please press 4 to hear this call in English.. You do not need to add this voice file, it will do it automatically. Then if the caller presses 4 they will hear the English version of the call. This will also set the person’s preferred language to English for future calls