Accountants, tax firms, tax professionals, and CPA’s are getting ready for the 2021 tax returns season. That means it is time for you to onboard Appointment Reminders for reliable business success. Businesses and individuals are seeking your services in preparing and filing their taxes on time. Are you ready?
Has the 2021 tax season changed?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) extended the deadline for filing tax returns from April 15 to July 15, 2020. However, experts are already predicting they won’t be offering the same extension in 2021.
As per IRS 2021 tax calendar, the deadline for 2021 tax season is back to the standard day – April 15. This means peak season for you to serve more clients and grow your revenues as millions prepare for their tax returns.
Is using an appointment reminder worth it?
Most accountants charge an hourly fee for their services and this fee has increased by at least 5% from 2019 to 2020. With the extended tax deadline and the complications brought on by the pandemic, that fee could increase again in 2021.
If an appointment reminder could encourage your clients to get you their information on time, then an appointment reminder is undoubtedly worth it. In face, it will pay for itself! As it automates your business process, you’ll have more time on your hands to generate more revenue as you serve your clients.
Industry report on losses and the main reasons clients miss appointments
Many industries are losing a lot of money over missed appointments. In fact, according to Forbes, some business are losing over $150 billion annually because of missed appointments. Appointment reminders has been shown to decrease missed appointments by as much as 80%. Instead of being on the losing side, you can actually increase your bottom line.
What every tax professional should do for the 2021 tax season
Be on your game this tax season by using automated appointments with your clients. Automated Appointment Reminders is one of the tools designed to help you achieve your goals this tax season. Starting is as easy as signing up for a 30-day free trial. This will give you an opportunity to try the system before you jump into the chaos.
Its user-centered interface is easy to use, automatic, reliable, and you can customize it to suit your business. In fact, you can integrate the system with your existing calendar and contacts!
Getting started is equally easy. You sign up for Appointment Reminders (you even have a 30–Day Free Trial that you can cancel anytime). You can see how easy it is to use the intuitive calendar integration here. Customize your message scripts, preset the timing, and Appointment Reminders will handle the rest.
Sending personalized reminders: CPAs are automating sending reminders via email, text message (SMS), or voice messages. You can customize your reminder messages from the templates in the system or create your messages from scratch. For voice messages, you can use the app’s automated voice message reader or upload your audio file.
The best way to customize appointment reminders
- Save time and resources: Automated personalized reminders save you and your team invaluable time that you would otherwise spend manually sending reminders. Additionally, if reminders come with the urgency to reschedule, then finding another slot can result in inconsistencies.
- Better customer service: Customers may not be always in a position to receive call reminders, but they frequently check text messages. Push those text reminders and be confident your customers will read them in time.
- Remind a client to get ready for an appointment: Let your clients know of their appointment ahead of time. This will allow you an adequate notice window to assign another client another slot in case they cancel or need to reschedule.
During this tax season, accountants are using Appointment Reminders to optimize text appointment reminders by:
- Keeping their customized messages precise: A long story is not a measure of excellent communication. Keep your text to the point ideally between 140 to 175 characters.
- Sending follow up reminders: Send more than one reminder to your customers but be sure to distribute them evenly. Ideally, three reminders should be enough.
- Sending reminders at the right: Sending SMS reminders after working hours can yield a higher open rate because people are relaxing after work.
- Ensuring they contain the right information: It should contain confirmation instructions if needed, type of appointment, and any other detail that is necessary.
So what’s next?
Make the 2021 tax season count. Use the Appointment Reminders online booking and reminder app to make this your best season yet.
Send reminders via email, call, or text customizing your message for each client and ensuring the messages have the right items.
Manage replies for confirmed appointments. Remind clients to reschedule if they can’t show up. Use the confirmation window to onboard other clients to minimize no-shows.
Provide excellent services to your customers and watch your tax business grow! Get started with a 30-day day free trial which you can cancel anytime.