How to Create, Edit, and Use Voice Files
Voice Files are used in your Phone Call Reminders. There are several types of voice files that are available to you:
- Stock Voice Files: We have a library of prerecorded voice files that are available for you to use in your reminders.
- Record your own voice files: Trigger a phone call to yourself and create your own voice files for use in your reminders.
- Request a professional voice files: Hire our in house voice talent to record a professional sounding file for you (Usually available within 48 hours).
To get to the “Voice Files” page, ensure that you are logged into your account. Then find either the “MY COMPANY” box in the upper right hand corner or the “Account Navigation” link. Click on either of these to show the page drop-down list. Then click on “Voice Files”.When you click on Voice Files, you are presented with the following screen:
- Voice file Name: This is the name that you choose to call your Voice file.
- Voice file Content: This is the content of the Voice file.
- Listen: If you or the Voice Talent have recorded your voicefile then you can listen to it here.
- Action: Edit or Delete your Voice file.
To Create or Edit a Voice File
When you click on “Create a New Voice File” or edit an existing Voice File, you are presented with the following screen.
- Voice File Name: This is the name that you choose to call your Voice File. It must end with “.wav”
- Message Content: This is the wp-content of the Voicefile.
- Trigger call to record Voicefile?: By selecting this, you will get a call at the phone number that you enter. Follow the instructions on the call to record your Voicefile.
- Send Professional Voicefile Recording Request?: By selecting this you are requesting that our In-House Voice Talent record this Voicefile for you.
There is a small charge associated with this. See our pricing page for current prices. You can also include a message to the Voice Talent regarding the Voice File. You may wish to specify pronunciation of certain words or ask a question. When the Voice Talent completes recording, you will get an email to let you know it is ready.
What if I don’t like the way the Voice File sounds after the Voice Talent records it?
If you don’t like the way the Voice File sounds after the Voice Talent records it, you may go to the edit page and send a message back to the Voice Talent to let her know it needs to be rerecorded. However, if the reason for the re-record has to do with the content of the file, you will need to request another file and you may be charged for the additional file.