Send a QUICK TEXT to a customer/patient or a distribution list
Use “Quick Texts” to Send a Text Message to a Distribution List
How are Quick Texts different from just scheduling a reminder to a distribution list?Scheduling reminders to a distribution list allows you to schedule a specific Reminder Type, and utilize all the features within that Reminder Type such as Triggers, and sending the reminder in relation to the appointment. Quick Texts are an easy way to send a text message to a distribution list immediately without setting up a Reminder Type. They work great for notifying people of things like Office Closures, Weather Alerts, or any kind of Emergency Notifications.
When you go the “Quick Texts” page, you will see a list of all of your Quick Texts and you will be able to create Quick Texts. To get to the “Quick Texts” page, ensure that you are logged into your account. Then find either the “MY COMPANY” box in the upper right hand corner or the “Account Navigation” link. Click on either of these to show the page drop-down list. Then click on “Quick Texts”.To create a new Quick Text, click the “Send Quick Text” button
Enter the message that you want to send in the “Text Message Content” box
Choose the distribution list that you want to send the text message to and click “Send Text Message”
Use “Quick Texts” to Send a Text Message to a customer/patient
To send a “Quick Text” to a customer/Patient, you can get there in a few ways…
- Go to the customers page, add or search for your customer, and then click on the icon.
- Go to the text messages page and click on the icon to reply to any inbound texts from your customer
- Important! It will be sent immediately (As long as this is during a day and time that we can send reminders according to your Reminder Schedule)
- It will create a Reminder Type with the name “QuickText + Todays Date and Time” so you can view results in the Reminders Tab
- You cannot use dynamic fields such as Appt Date or Appt Time in a Quick Text. To use these fields you have to create a Reminder Type then schedule the distribution list to receive it.