You can create multiple reminders for an appointment very easily. This will allow you just schedule the reminder one time and then have the system add the additional reminders automatically.
Here are a few examples of why you may want to set up multiple reminders for an appointment:
- You may want to send a reminder 1 week prior to the appointment and then another one the day before the appointment.
- You may want to send a text message and a call reminder for the same appointment.
- Set up a text reminder and if that fails (unable to deliver) send a call reminder.
- Send a reminder and then based on the response, send a different reminder. For example if someone confirms their appointment, maybe don’t send another reminder but if they don’t reply to the 1st reminder, send another one the next day
- Send a text reminder for an appointment and then send an email or text after the appointment pointing them to a survey about the appointment.
These are just a few examples of some ways that you may use this functionality. However, our system really allows you to customize these settings as much as you want.
Ok, so how do I actually do it?
To create multiple reminders for an appointment, you will need to set up a “Trigger”. Triggers allow you to create multiple reminders for an appointment or send text or email alerts when certain conditions are met. In addition to creating multiple reminders, triggers can also do a lot of other things including alerting you when people reply to the reminders, or do not respond to the reminders.